Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Teken Redline Motor.

christmaxx
post Apr 19 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #1

Revo Racer

Group: Members
Member No.: 882

im looking at teken redlin motors for a new sc im looking at. what is the most commonly used turn. i see there is anywhere from like 5.5 turn to 17. i know the lower the turn or kv the faster it will be.

in my slash i run the 5700 castle 4 pole. and i dont want to put that much power through the new sc. since in my slash i had to do the tmaxx axle mod to handle the power.

i will be running a castle mmp and i looking at trying sensored in the new sc. somthing close to like a 3800-4600 kv is what im thinking for power. but im not shure what turn is in that kv rating. i want it to have good acelaration for jumps with short run ups and to be insanly fast down the straigt. but i dont want to destroy the ball diff or cvds on the new truck.

the teken redlines are the motors im looking at.

--------------------
<<<Monster Truck racing Is Still Alive>>>
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
1tenner
post Apr 19 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1184

QUOTE(christmaxx @ Apr 19 2012, 04:44 PM)
im looking at teken redlin motors for a new sc im looking at. what is the most commonly used turn. i see there is anywhere from like 5.5 turn to 17. i know the lower the turn or kv the faster it will be. 

in my slash i run the 5700 castle 4 pole.  and i dont want to put that much power through the new sc. since in my slash i had to do the tmaxx axle mod to handle the power.

i will be running a castle mmp and i looking at trying sensored in the new sc.   somthing close to like a 3800-4600 kv is what im thinking for power. but im not shure what turn is in that kv rating.  i want it to have good acelaration for jumps with short run ups and to be insanly fast down the straigt. but i dont want to destroy the ball diff or cvds on the new truck.

the teken redlines are the motors im looking at.

For mod you should get an 8.5. That's what I'm running in my SC10 with the tekin rs in dual mode (Tekin's sensored/sensorless configuration). It's plenty fast with my convservative gearing and it runs cool as can be. What new SC truck are you looking at, Chris? Oh, and I'm assuming you are talking about 2wd, because if you are running 4wd you would be better off with the castle 4 pole 3800 or a tekin Pro 4.
+Quote Post
christmaxx
post Apr 19 2012, 09:54 PM
Post #3

Revo Racer

im looking at getting a factory team sc10. i have raced my slash for awile and have upgraded it with lcg and lightwieght parts to try and race aginst the sc10 and blitz cars i have just reached the most i can get of of the chassis. the sc10 seems to turn sarper and all around handle better. im hoping to have it all set up and ready for the hank.

after putting my rc8t truggy together i can see why you see more associateds or even losi ant the track. it is because they are better race cars.

ill still keep my slash and put the traxxas speed control and motor in it and keep it as a basher with the revo. since it would then be able to handle moisture and can drive it more than i do now with the mmp.

--------------------
+Quote Post
yzracer758
post Apr 20 2012, 07:32 AM
Post #4

Every Nitro Driver's Nightmare!

Member No.: 944

QUOTE(christmaxx @ Apr 19 2012, 10:54 PM)
im looking at getting a factory team sc10. i have raced my slash for awile and have upgraded it with lcg and lightwieght parts to try and race aginst the sc10 and blitz cars i have just reached the most i can get of of the chassis. the sc10 seems to turn sarper and all around handle better. im hoping to have it all set up and ready for the hank.

after putting my rc8t truggy together i can see why you see more associateds or even losi ant the track. it is because they are better race cars.

ill still keep my slash and put the traxxas speed control and motor in it and keep it as a basher with the revo. since it would then be able to handle moisture and can drive it more than i do now with the mmp.

Chris for 2wd SC I suggest going with the Redline 10.5 motor. You can turn the timing up on your MMP esc if you feel the need to get going way to fast! yeah.gif

--------------------
Hot Bodies | HPI USA | Team Tekin | Diggity Designs | Panther Products USA | Kal-Gard Products | Thunder Power RC | DE Racing |

+Quote Post
christmaxx
post Apr 20 2012, 11:45 AM
Post #5

Revo Racer

is the 8.5 going to be too fast or powerful for the trucks drivetrain?

--------------------
+Quote Post
1tenner
post Apr 22 2012, 07:26 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(christmaxx @ Apr 20 2012, 12:45 PM)
is the 8.5 going to be too fast or powerful for the trucks drivetrain?

If you have a smooth trigger finger and have the slipper adjusted right it should be fine. If you get a factory team sc10 just make the swap to hex wheels and you shouldn't have a problem there.
+Quote Post
christmaxx
post Apr 22 2012, 10:28 PM
Post #7

Revo Racer

will the 8.5 be to much for the cvds and ball diff?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hal_Hudson
post Apr 23 2012, 06:37 AM
Post #8

Pro

Group: Facilitator
Member No.: 54

QUOTE(christmaxx @ Apr 22 2012, 10:28 PM)
will the 8.5 be to much for the cvds and ball diff?

You will be fine, the truck can take it.

--------------------
Owner/Operator of the World Famous Hudson Hotel.

We cater to Main Event winners and a few up and coming Super Stars.

Owner of the RC school of Pitting.
+Quote Post
christmaxx
post Apr 24 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #9

Revo Racer

i didnt know if the truck could take it or not. i had to really mod my slash to handle the 5700 castle 4 pole motor and the 8.5 redline will be almost as powerful. thanks hal. what size motor does mikey run in his sc?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hal_Hudson
post Apr 24 2012, 06:37 PM
Post #10

Pro

a 5.0 550 Reedy in the SC 4x4 and we're puting a 8.5 Reedy in the 2wd SC for Wenatchee this weekend.

--------------------

+Quote Post
christmaxx
post Apr 24 2012, 09:48 PM
Post #11

Revo Racer

im looking at the tekin redline sensored 8.5 for my sc10 2wd. is the reedy about the same power as the tekin redline 8.5 motor. im hoping to have my sc10 ready to go for the hank. currently im having trouble fiqureing out how to bind my castle creations mamba max pro speed control to my spectrum dx3.0 radio, i had the same problem when i tried putting it in my slash. it glithes the throttle wenever i steer the car.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Hal_Hudson
post Apr 24 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #12

Pro

take it to Paul at In Control. They might hsve what you need to fix it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
yzracer758
post Apr 25 2012, 06:07 AM
Post #13

Every Nitro Driver's Nightmare!

Member No.: 944

QUOTE(christmaxx @ Apr 24 2012, 10:48 PM)
im looking at the tekin redline sensored 8.5 for my sc10 2wd.  is the reedy about the same power as the tekin redline 8.5 motor. im hoping to have my sc10 ready to go for the hank.  currently im having trouble fiqureing out how to bind my castle creations mamba max pro speed control to my spectrum dx3.0 radio, i had the same problem when i tried putting it in my slash. it glithes the throttle wenever i steer the car.

Glitching when you try to steer is most likely a "Brown Out" from the servo drawing too much juice. A spektrum Voltage protector or Novak Glitch Buster are cheap and easy fixes, they simple plug into an empty slot in your receiver.

--------------------
Hot Bodies | HPI USA | Team Tekin | Diggity Designs | Panther Products USA | Kal-Gard Products | Thunder Power RC | DE Racing |

+Quote Post
1tenner
post Apr 25 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(yzracer758 @ Apr 25 2012, 07:07 AM)
QUOTE(christmaxx @ Apr 24 2012, 10:48 PM)
im looking at the tekin redline sensored 8.5 for my sc10 2wd.  is the reedy about the same power as the tekin redline 8.5 motor. im hoping to have my sc10 ready to go for the hank.  currently im having trouble fiqureing out how to bind my castle creations mamba max pro speed control to my spectrum dx3.0 radio, i had the same problem when i tried putting it in my slash. it glithes the throttle wenever i steer the car.

Glitching when you try to steer is most likely a "Brown Out" from the servo drawing too much juice. A spektrum Voltage protector or Novak Glitch Buster are cheap and easy fixes, they simple plug into an empty slot in your receiver.

And if that doesn't work a CC BEC will get the job done. It's a little more work but will definitely fix the problem. Bring it with you if you go to Wenatchee this weekend.
+Quote Post
christmaxx
post Apr 27 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #15

Revo Racer

im not going to the wenatchee race. my first race of the year will be the hank.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 12:46 PM